Sunday, September 15, 2013

bang, bang you're dead




You know those buttons they make for old people that are like "help, I've fallen and I can't get up"?

yeah, well what if they made those for falling in love?

I don't actually know how the button works, I just assume the old people click it and then help is sent their way.

So we'd click it and then someone would appear, smack us in the face, and yell "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING SCREWING UP YOUR LIFE LIKE THIS?"

We'd get all offended but secretly know that we are screwing up our lives and that we really did need someone to come smack us in the face. We'd realize that we probably aren't falling in love and that we are just falling in love with the idea of falling in love. We'd realize that the person we are falling in love with really isn't the one we should be falling in love with, but then again who even knows who we should be falling in love with.

Oh yeah the person who comes and smacks you in the face knows. They know everything.

Anyway, after a few times of clicking the button and being verbally abused to the point of tears from this genius-know-it-all-guy, we'd realize that we should just should just end whatever we are doing right that instant, because our lives would end up better, we'd end up better, if we just made a few "wise decisions" from the start.

But you know how old people always insist "No, no, I can do it." And then they fall down the stairs and break their hips and end up dying?

We're the exact same.

We'd tell the button guy "No, no, I know what I'm doing. This is love. We're in love. I can't end things now" with so much fake confidence he'd almost believe us.

And you know where we'd end up?

We'd end up all sad,

possibly with broken hips,

possibly dead.





9 comments:

  1. really, really, really, REALLY good.

    "So we'd click it and then someone would appear, smack us in the face, and yell "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING SCREWING UP YOUR LIFE LIKE THIS?"

    "with so much fake confidence he'd almost believe us."

    I absolutely loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been one of my favorite blogs from day one.
    I love how real it is. Like you aren't trying to be impress anyone it's just honest writing.
    and I like that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so good. I love all of it.

    "with so much fake confidence he'd almost believe us."

    yes. yes. yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So we'd click it and then someone would appear, smack us in the face, and yell "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING SCREWING UP YOUR LIFE LIKE THIS?"

    so could you actually make that please? cuz i kinda needed that like 2 months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing examples!
    "The person who comes and smacks you in the face knows. They know everything."
    I like this quote a lottttttttttttt:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "We'd realize that we probably aren't really falling in love and that we are just falling in love with the idea of falling in love."

    so good. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This apies to me and probably a lot more.
    I'm not going to Amsterdam
    I'd be a damn waste of money I gotta make a few wise decisions from the start

    ReplyDelete