Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Logarithms and Open-heart surgery, Veins and Equations
I'm suffocating,
and you're standing three feet away,
screaming "learn how to breathe"
I suppose learning how to breathe is a little like learning how to love,
except that teachers can teach how to breathe,
but preachers can't preach how to love.
Now I'm falling,
and you're standing five feet away,
screaming "learn how to stand"
what you didn't know,
is that when I was falling,
it was never the ground I was falling for.
I'm going to end up crying,
and you'll be standing six feet away,
screaming "learn how to love"
and the words will start to shake when they fall from my mouth,
"I can't properly breathe and can't properly stand,
so how can I possibly learn how to love?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

"What you didn't know is that when I was falling, it was never the ground I was falling for.
ReplyDeleteTHIS IS SO GOOD.
This is so so good.
ReplyDeleteMmmm...I just want to read it over and over.
I'm also a huge fan of the title.
And this post.
And you...
And you're writing.
"I can't possibly breathe and can't properly stand, so how can I possibly learn how to love?"
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful. I love your writing and this post.
ReplyDelete"I'm suffocating,
and you're standing three feet away,
screaming "learn how to breathe"
girl, this makes me feel.
so well done.
"What you didn't know is that when I was falling, it was never the ground I was falling for." #stolen
ReplyDeleteThis is SUCH a good post! I really like your blog.
ReplyDelete