Sunday, September 22, 2013
This isn't a list of confessions
When I was 8 I threw a brick at my sister.
I don't remember it hurting her (I missed and hit the ground) but I do remember the look on my mother's face.
It was a look of surprise and anger and disgust, it was a look that said "why did you do that."
Other than that, I was a pretty good 8 year old.
And a lot of times I think "would the 8 year old me be proud of the 17 year old me?"
The answer is no.
No.
No, the 8 year old me wouldn't be proud of the 17 year old me.
The 8 year old me didn't know that sex and drugs existed.
The 8 year old me didn't know what swear words were or what being gay was.
The 8 year old me thought that every human had good intentions,
and sometimes the 17 year old me still thinks that.
The 8 year old me got dipped in some water and was convinced she would never sin again,
now you tell me was that brain washing or soul cleansing?
The 8 year old me had hope.
The 17 year old me is kinda messed up and my parents know it.
The 17 year old me is happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

MARRY ME OUR THOUGHTS ARE LIKE THE SAME
ReplyDeleteYOU TRIED TO HIT YOUR SISTER WITH A BRICK TOO?!
DeleteFelt like I was reading my own journal. Amazing.
DeleteWhodathunkit? You started with a brick and it turned in to a comparison between your 8-year-old self and your 17-year-old self. I wish more people had brains like yours.
ReplyDelete"The 8 year old me got dipped in some water and was convinced she would never sin again,
ReplyDeletenow you tell me was that brain washing or soul cleansing?" NICE, seriously.
And I love how you wrote about what happens when you grow up and and how you're messed up and your parents know it but YOU'RE HAPPY. I love love love love it.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was 8 I threw a brick at my sister.
Wait that's hilarious haha.
The 8 year old me got dipped in some water and was convinced she would never sin again,
ReplyDeletenow you tell me was that brain washing or soul cleansing?
#stolen.
so much truth in your statement.
The 8 year old me got dipped in some water and was convinced she would never sin again,
ReplyDeletenow you tell me was that brain washing or soul cleansing?
#stolen.
so much truth in your statement.
there isn't one post on your blog that I don't love. you're amazing!
ReplyDelete