Sunday, December 8, 2013
remember I'm forgetting
I remember sitting in my underwear eating cereal from trader joes and falling asleep to hospice and waking up to rain. I remember what the clock said; I remember the date matching it perfectly. I remember being happy and sad and happy.
I remember walking that dog. I remember walking that dog around the block, across the grass, through the park, on the benches. I remember running and running and crying a tiny bit. I remember opening that front door and feeling like a million dollars and walking up those stairs and feeling like one.
I remember the porch, ten feet in the air. I remember the broken glass and burnt meat and unlit cigarettes. I remember the plants, dying faster than the floating goldfish in the dirty fishbowl. I remember those movies taking the place of the books and the books taking the place of fine wine. I remember the fine wine taking place of the food and the food being nowhere in sight.
I remember the fireworks, your yells were louder. I remember the hammock, your hugs were tighter. I remember the encyclopedia and the bible and that fancy computer, but I remember you always had the answers. I remember the poker table and the alcohol, but you knew the right games to play.
I remember sitting in my underwear eating cereal from trader joes and falling asleep to hospice and waking up to rain. I remember what the clock said; I remember the date matching it perfectly. I remember being happy and sad and happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



"I remember the encyclopedia and the bible and that fancy computer, but I remember you always had the answers."
ReplyDeleteI like those examples of answers. How the bible is no different from the other two. How it isn't capitalized. I don't know if that's a grammar error or if you're just the shit.
def not a grammar error- and nah, you're the shit
Delete*virtual high five*
"I remember sitting in my underwear eating cereal"
ReplyDeleteBest opening line yet.
"I remember the hammock, your hugs were tighter."
ReplyDeleteThat one stirred my mind and I gathered the dust it made and it was happy.
"I remember the fireworks, your yells were louder. I remember the hammock, your hugs were tighter. I remember the encyclopedia and the bible and that fancy computer, but I remember you always had the answers. I remember the poker table and the alcohol, but you knew the right games to play."
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this paragraph. I don't know what the hell it is but I do.
"I remember opening that front door and feeling like a million dollars and walking up those stairs and feeling like one."
ReplyDeletemy life in one sentence. It's unreal how much this line spoke to me.