Sunday, October 13, 2013

Broken Houses




This one time I pulled carpet out of a house for 4 hours with a boy. It was a while ago and I remember that day was pretty boring. I think we played video games after we finished tearing the carpet up, I think his parents brought us takeout. About a month later we broke up. 

But I remember being so happy that day.

I remember being happy about stepping on a nail.
I remember being happy about getting my shirt caught on the door.
I remember being happy about being tired.

I keep thinking "Space Camp" is this giant thing that we're all trying to achieve, I keep imagining it as our goals and dreams.

But I don't think it's one giant thing. I think it's a billion tiny things.

I think it's the way we pay attention to the little details; it's the way we say goodnight.
It's the way our fingertips brush against walls, it's the way we breathe.
It's the way you turn my emotions on and off like a light switch;
it's the way we hear what we listen for and see what we look for.

Space Camp is learning how to type and learning how to be forgiven.
It's bigger than getting accepted into college, it's bigger than finding "true love."

Space Camp is true love.

Space Camp is the ocean, and the way it turns from calm to hell in a matter of seconds. 

Space Camp is every grain of sand, every plant, every human being.

You're Space Camp,
I'm Space Camp,

We're all a little Space Camp. 

11 comments:

  1. This is fantastic.

    It's what I've always wanted to hear. I'm a little Space Camp. We're all a little Space Camp.

    And your question was such an important question:

    Are you happy?

    I think, yes. But I'm also sad, too. I'm always a little sad, even when I'm happy. And I'm almost always happy. Which means I'm almost always sad, too. I don't really know what I'm saying, but man...it's making perfect sense in my head.

    My favorite things/people/movies/songs/commercials/moments/memories are both happy and sad. It's the great paradox of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are KILLING me I love your words so much I am stealing and stealing and stealing and stealing and stealing...all over your blog. I can't get enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But really though this post was phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "it's the way we pay attention to the little details; it's the way we say goodnight."
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I keep thinking "Space Camp" is this giant thing that we're all trying to achieve, I keep imagining it as our goals and dreams."
    Eh. . . I'll be honest and say it's not, but that is only me so please don't let me kill your joy.
    "I think it's a billion tiny things."
    . . . Never mind!
    #Simple and Clean

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all have our favorite blogs, but is it fair to say this is a favorite post?

    #can'tgetenough

    ReplyDelete