Sunday, November 3, 2013

mind | matter





I'm thinking about you.
I'm thinking about you like a lot, like a lot thinks about cars.
Like aliens think about mars (even though scientists aren't sure about life on there)
Like robbers and serial killers and teenage delinquents think about getting out from behind bars.

I'm thinking about you.
I'm thinking about you the way gamblers think about winning,
The way sinners think about sinning,
(the way I also think about sinning.)
The way baseball players think about the ninth inning.

I'm thinking about you like, like, like,
Like football players think about cheerleaders and cheerleaders think about football players, and fans think about football players and cheerleaders and the band and hotdogs and good weather and whatever else goes on in a sports fan's mind

I'm thinking about you like CRAZY,
Like crazy people think about love.
Like Americans think about the gov(ernment)
Like boxers think about their winning boxing glove (punch punch)

I'M THINKIN ABOUT YOU, 
AND I'M DREAMIN ABOUT YOU,
AND I CAN'T QUITE GET MY MIND OFF OF YOU.

I'm thinking about you.
I'm thinking about you like poets think about the word blue.
Like homosexual men think about their new shampoo.
Like greasers and thugs think about getting that 23rd tattoo.

Oh, it's true, I'm thinking about you.

10 comments:

  1. "and teenage delinquents think about getting out from behind bars."

    "The way sinners think about sinning,
    (the way I also think about sinning.)"

    "Oh, it's true, I'm thinking about you."

    This was so good. Did I mention that I kind of love you?

    Oh, I kind of love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mort Rainey, you make me want to blog. Thanks for being nice.

      Delete
    2. In reality though....I don't know what I was going to say. You just make me feel like I'm okay...thanks.

      And this comment made my day.

      Delete
  2. Also, these pictures were unreal. I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way sinners think about sinning,
    (the way I also think about sinning.)

    I'M THINKIN ABOUT YOU,
    AND I'M DREAMIN ABOUT YOU,
    AND I CAN'T QUITE GET MY MIND OFF OF YOU.

    Like homosexual men think about their new shampoo.


    some of my favorite lines... yaaa yaaa you are an effing amazing writer. Can you start writing my posts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^^ I echo Malark. Write my posts for me. You never fail to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Like robbers and serial killers and teenage delinquents think about getting out from behind bars." fav line :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Like homosexual men think about their new shampoo."
    haha this is a great example about how Nelson was saying there can be opposites in writing. Something funny in something sad :) good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I'm thinking about you like, like, like,
    Like football players think about cheerleaders and cheerleaders think about football players, and fans think about football players and cheerleaders and the band and hotdogs and good weather and whatever else goes on in a sports fan's mind"

    I love how you wrote LIKE three extra times. It makes you sound crazy. It makes this sound like something you're dying to share...and something I need to hear. A sense of urgency.

    And football players and cheerleaders, am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post sucked. I hate what you did with the word "homosexual". You have offended a huge fan. I am homosexual.

    ReplyDelete